The water bottle mount & cage positions provides a between-the-arms water bottle location on your Quick-Release Aerobars, allowing for the most aerodynamic location to store water. Wind-tunnel data shows that it can be even faster than having no water bottle at all.
• Having your water bottle within reach encourages you to drink more often, leading to better hydration and better performance
• The mount will work with different versions of straw based hydration systems
• The aerodynamic location of the water bottle can actually make you ride faster than compared to having no water bottle at all
• The Arundel Bando cage that comes with the mount is extremely secure and can be setup so that water bottle ejections will be a thing of the past
• Includes all necessary mounting hardware
• Water bottle not included
Will the water bottle stay put while riding over rough roads?
We specifically chose the water bottle cage because it provides a tight grip on the water bottle. If you find that the water bottle is sliding forward while riding, you can simply use the bando strap to tighten the grip further.
Is the water bottle mount compatible with other hydration systems from Profile Design, XLab, Speedfil, etc.?
The Redshift mounting plate has a standard water bottle cage mount bolting pattern, so any standard water bottle cage can be attached to the mount plate. Any hydration system that attaches via a standard cage mounting pattern should be compatible. Some hydration systems attach to the aerobar extensions themselves via clamps, velcro, zip-ties, or other means. While there is no problem using these types of hydration systems, please note that you typically won't be able to remove the aerobars while the hydration system is attached, since the aerobars need to slide away from one another in order to detach from the handlebar clamp.
To read more Frequently Asked Questions about the Quick-Release Aerobars and mount, click here.